Hey. What’s up? Hello. I keep taking unintentional hiatuses. Sorry. These last few weeks have been slightly insane. I can’t complain, but I am going to say that I need way more sleep than I have been getting.
Where do I even begin? How many days has it been? Oh, right! I went to the Cape for an overnight last week! It was fun, but very humid! It was great to see my family and get some beach time in! I packed super light, because I was there for less than 24 hours, but I promised you an itemized list, so here it is!
- 1 maxi dress for our annual family dinner (which doubled as a beach cover up for the following day)
- 1 pair of shorts + a tank top to sleep in
- 1 pair of “fancy” sandals to wear to the family dinner (which doubled as beach shoes for the following day)
- 1 pair of jeans + 1 tank top + boat shoes which I wore during my travel time down and drive back (outfit pictured above)
- 1 (very) small over the shoulder bag to accessorize my dinner outfit & hold my money, card & phone
- Necessary undergarments (duh) x3
- 1 Hoodie because this is New England and you just never friggen know
- Beach towel
- Baseball hat
- Bathing suit
- Phone charger
- A book to read at the beach
- minimal make-up & personal hygiene/hair care items (cover-up, sunscreen, mascara, foundation, toothbrush and travel-sized toothpaste, face wash and 2-in-1 shampoo, hair straightener, comb and deodorant
The Cape is ALWAYS beautiful and I wish I could have spent more time down there, but I am glad I got to go. Here’s some pictures!
What else? OH YEAH! I went to the Alkaline Trio show in Boston on Saturday. I have been DYING to see them play! They have remained one of my favorite bands for many years. Here’s a video!
In other news, I’ve also been going to zumba four times a week and I LOVE IT! Finally finding a way to work out that I can get excited about makes me very excited about my fitness goals! I used to dread the gym, but going to the zumba studio instead has really changed that for me! I get to shake my butt to get back in shape; I am living the dream! haha!
I think that is all for now. I have my last “big” vacation coming up on Thursday of next week! That day can’t arrive soon enough! Very much looking forward to spending 5 days on the beach in Maine! I’ll do a “what I packed” update and all of that for that trip as well! Until then, enjoy the rest of your week/weekend!